ON THE OCCASION OF MAKAR SAKRANTI UPRMC APPEALS NOT TO FLY KITES NEAR METRO
On the occasion of upcoming festival of Makar Sakranti, UPMRC felicitate the people of Lucknow with good wishes. Makar-Sakranti is the festival of celebrating peace, prosperity and integrity. Therefore, on this pious occasion, it appeals the citizens of Lucknow to not to fly kites near the metro corridor. Since its inception it has carried various awareness campaigns from time to time, as kite flying not only causes damage to the metro services but also halts the electric current supply. Due to this mischief by some negative elements, this causes inconvenience to the passengers but also threatens the lives of kite fliers. People fly kites to celebrate Makar Sankranti and other traditional festivals but it is wise to take all safety precautions even during happy moments.
The OHE line of the metro supplies a power of 25 thousand volts or a voltage of 25 kV. Due to the kite flying or kite stuck near it, a kite flier can also get an electric shock and it can be fatal. It is also important to understand that even when the metro trains are not operating on the corridor or the passenger services are stopped (from 10 pm to 6 am), the wires of overhead electrification are charged and electric current is present.
In such a situation, UPMRC appeals all the citizens to cooperate in the campaign to completely stop kite flying near the entire metro corridor from CCS Airport to Munshipulia as a responsible citizen. It is a punishable offence that damages the public property and can cause of a loss of life as well.
Loss due to Chinese Manjha:-
• Use of metal in Chinese manjha for kite flying disrupts power supply.
• Copper wires used for starter and motor binding as well as barbed metal wires are also used for kite cutting and looting.
• These methods of kite flying cause severe injury to the throat and eyes of passer's by and also affect the lives of animals and birds.
• Apart from metro, transmission and distribution of Indian Railways, National Grid and Uttar Pradesh Electricity Department are also being affected.
• Chinese manjha is the conductor of electricity due to the use of metal. The OHE line of the metro supplies electricity to a voltage of 25 thousand volts or 25 kV, and thus, it results in killing a kite flyer with an electric shock.